This is very well-made true Baroque violin, with a true-to-period maple and ebony composite fingerboard with matching true Baroque tailpiece.
- Selected Solid Spruce Top, naturally air dried.
- Selected Seasoned Flamed Maple Back, Ribs & Scroll, naturally air dried
- One-piece back
- 100% hand varnished (Italian oil varnish)
- High-quality and well-fit ebony “heart” type pegs
- Ebony nut and saddle
- Authentic real tail gut
- High-quality select maple Baroque bridge
Set up in our North Georgia Mountain (U.S.) workshop with Gamut historic replica gut strings (Pistoy-gimped gut D-string; silver wound gut G-string). These wonderful strings are, in our opinion, the best-sounding and durable authentic Baroque gut strings available. Keep in mind, however, that they are gut strings and will break. For this reason, we give you an extra A and E string.
Revelle Pro 1000 oblong suspension case is included.
Bow is NOT included. If you want us to obtain a nice Baroque bow for you, please tell us. We can generally obtain a good quality authentic Baroque bow to suite your preference in the $300 - $400 price range.
Our email is don@DonRickertDesign.com and phone number is (404) 828-0136.