Case Armor Travel Violin Case Outer Shell
This is a case for a violin case! As weird as that may sound, please read on.
We now have two lines of cases specifically for our travel/backpacker violins. They are:
- Globetrotter Extreme Duty Travel Violin Case (3.5 lbs. to 4+ lbs.)
- Globetrotter Ultra-Lite Travel Violin Case (1.5 lbs. to 2 lbs.)
The Extreme Duty case can withstand at least 300 lbs. of weight and is extremely shock absorbent. That case can stand its own in the perilous world of the airplane cargo hold and just as well against the danger of cargo handlers, human as well as mechanical. And remember, any piece of baggage besides a small electronic device always risks being “gate-checked” and put into the cargo bay, especially on small planes. Hence, the Extreme duty case, despite its heft, makes sense when traveling by air, especially internationally.
The Ultra-Lite cases, preferred by some, especially trekkers, are designed to as lightweight as possible. They do provide pretty good protection, but are not even in the same durability league as the Extreme Duty cases. The Ultra-Lite cases are in serious peril in a cargo hold. The risk of being sent to the dreaded cargo hold for carry-on baggage is ever present. This is why one would need a case to protect the instrument case—a case for the case.
The Case Armor Travel Violin Case Outer Shell
The Case Armor Travel Violin Case Outer Shell has an internal diameter of just under 5” and an outside diameter of about 5.5”. In comes in lengths to perfectly fit any of the Ultra-Lite Case length options, adding about 1” of length. For example, the Outer Shell for a 21” case is 22”, and so on.
Weight: 5.5 lbs. to 6 lbs., depending on length
Excellent shock resistance
Incredibly Strong (withstands at least 300 lbs. of constant crushing weight)
- Double-walled shock-absorbing tube covered with Cordura nylon, available in a plethora of colors (see color options)
- Lined with 1/2” thick padding and lined with synthetic velour
- Tube padded at each end with 1/2” dense foam
- End cap secured with a highly water-resistant heavy-duty zipper
- The case is highly water resistant but technically not waterproof (i.e. rain resistant but not made to be submersed)
- Shoulder strap
- Optional leather handle
- Numerous options for D-rings, etc. (call to discuss what you need and pricing)
Large Color Selection
See the color swatches below. I am sure that you know that what you see on a computer screen only approximates the actual fabric color. Select one of these colors on the right of the screen.
The length options correspond directly to those options for the Ultra-Lite Travel Violin Cases, as follow:
22” (for 21” inner case)
25” (for 24” inner case)
28” (for 27” inner case)
30” (for 29” inner case)
32” (for 31” inner case)